Olivia Tocher, a 12th grade Graphic Design student enrolled at the Dennis Career Technical Education Center, and also a student at Timberline High School, has won a contest sponsored by Ada County Highway District to design a new wrap for an ACHD Road Sweeper Truck. Olivia was recognized for this accomplishment on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at the Dennis Career Technical Education Center. ACHD surprised Olivia by bringing a newly-wrapped Road Sweeper Truck with her design to the Dennis Center for the awards ceremony. Watch a video of the awards presentation below.
Olivia's award was one of five presented to Boise School Disrict students by ACHD.
A total of 65 entries were received and the five art designs selected were created by Boise School District students (see list below):
- Amelie Nichols, grade 6, Highlands Elementary
- Ruby Walker, grade 6, Washington Elementary
- Amber Robison, grade 10, Borah High School
- Olivia Tocher, grade 12, Timberline High School
- Cate Knothe, grade 10, Boise High School